Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services. Leads the work of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping packaging; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against sales orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to read and write.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures
Position requires: a) Leading, guiding, and training of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work; b) verifying accuracy of shipments and ensuring items are sent in the most cost effective manner; and c) tracing lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
* The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
Experience: At least 2 years of experience as a shipping agent
Skills: Service Oriented, Self-Motivated, Good judgement, Problem Solver
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org